Here's information provided by Livermore Downtown, Inc. to help you catch the pro cyclists zip through town for :
Stage 3 San Jose to Livermore, Tuesday, May 15
Total Distance: 115.3 mi/185.5 km
Stage 3 of the Amgen Tour of California begins at 11:15 a.m. in San Jose.
Scheduled street closures:
Monday, May 14
- Between L Street & M Street - close at 4 p.m.
- Between M Street & N Street - close at 6 p.m.
- Between N Street & P Street - close at 8 p.m.
South L Street
- Between First Street & Second Street - close at 10 p.m.
Tuesday, May 15 (Race Day)
Downtown will close to vehicular traffic beginning at 8 a.m. for the following streets:
- First Street (between P Street and McLeod Street) will re-open in the late evening after the festival and clean up has been completed
- Second Street & Third Street (between P Street and South Livermore Ave) will re-open at 5 p.m.
The following perimeter streets are OPEN for through traffic:
- Railroad Avenue
- P Street
- Fourth Street
- Maple Street
- McLeod Street
Want to participate in an Guiness World Record attempt? Here's how:
Livermore Downtown Inc. has partnered with and local band, Rock On Tap, to get the community together in hopes of setting a Guiness World Record. For what you ask? Most people dancing in the street to the Monkee's Theme Song! Why you ask? Why NOT!!! It will be a blast and with the loss of Monkee Davy Jones this past year, what a fun way to pay tribute and thank the Monkees for all the fun music they gave us in the 70s!
The Livermore School of Dance has choreographed a dance routine for us and has loaded a video on their website for you and your dance buddies to watch and learn. All you have to do is join us downtown at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday on First Street between the Flag Pole Plaza and K Street after the Amgen Tour of California Finish. The moves are simple and easy for all ages to learn! Not a follower on the Dance Floor? Feel free to join us and dance in your own unique style.
For more information on the 2012 Amgen Tour of California in the East Bay, visit the Livermore Downtown, Inc. website.