Oct. 3 — 7 a.m.
- A directed enforcement operation occurred at 26147 Murcia Street. District Command, Patrol and Code Enforcement Officials from City Hall combined efforts regarding this residence. Several subjects were arrested for felony and misdemeanor arrest warrants, being under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of dangerous weapons and probation violation. Multiple code violations were also documented, and will be followed up in the weeks to come.
Oct. 3 — 5:38 p.m.
- A robbery occurred at 24901 Santa Clara Street. #1 (AT&T Store). The suspect entered the business and used wire cutters to steal a display IPhone. When employees confronted the suspect outside the store, the suspect simulated a weapon and fled on foot. The suspect is described as a Black male, in his 30’s, 6’2”, 180lbs; He was wearing a black baseball hat, black jeans and white tee shirt. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Hayward Police Department Investigations Division at (510) 293-7034.
Oct. 4 — 8:49 a.m.
- A robbery occurred in front of 27882 Manon Avenue. The victim was walking along the sidewalk when the suspect approached her on foot. The suspect grabbed a gold necklace the victim was wearing around her neck. A struggle ensued and the victim was knocked to the ground. The suspect fled on foot with the victim’s necklace. The suspect is described as a Black male, 18 years old, 5’11”, thin build; He was wearing a black zip-up jacket and white pants. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Hayward Police Department Investigations Division at (510) 293-7034.
Oct. 5 — 2 p.m.
- An assault with a deadly weapon occurred on the railroad track to the rear of 28222 Lustig Court. The victim was walking along the railroad tracks when a group approached him. Someone in the group offered to sell the victim some “drugs” but the victim refused. The suspect then struck the victim in the head with a pipe. The victim was reluctant to provide further details and his injuries are not life-threatening. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Hayward Police Department Investigations Division at (510) 293-7034.
Oct. 5 — 5 p.m.
- East Bay Regional Park Police requested assistance from Hayward Police regarding a subject shooting a rifle along the Hayward shoreline. Hayward Police conducted a tactical search of the area and located the subject, along with a loaded .22 caliber rifle. The subject and weapon were turned over to East Bay Regional Park Police for further investigation.
Oct. 5 — 5:45 p.m.
- An auto burglary and recovered stolen vehicle occurred in the area of 22477 Maple Street. An informant called saying three suspects were breaking into her vehicle and loading her property into a van parked next to her vehicle. Responding officers locate the three suspects, and all the suspects were detained after a foot chase. The victim’s property was recovered and the van was found to be stolen.
Oct. 5 — 8 p.m.
- Patrol officers conduct multiple probation/parole searches at 22650 Main Street. (The Green Shutter Hotel). Six hotel rooms searched, and no contraband or arrests were made.
Oct. 5 — 10 p.m.
- A stolen vehicle was recovered and one suspect in-custody at 22466 Maple Court. (Internet Cafe). During a security check of the parking lot, an officer observes the suspect park a vehicle and walk into the Internet Café. A check of the vehicle’s license plate revealed the vehicle was reported stolen. The officer walked into the Internet Café and arrested the suspect he had previously seen driving the stolen vehicle.