The following is a summary of significant crime and incidents reported in Hayward between Sept. 3 and 10 as released by the Hayward Police Department.
Tuesday, Sept. 3
- At 2:45 p.m., a robbery occurred in the 27000 block of Gainsville Avenue. The victim was pushing her son in a stroller when the suspect walked by and grabbed the victim’s gold necklace. The suspect fled westbound on Bolero Avenue on foot. The suspect is a Black male adult, 18 years old, 5’9”, 200 lbs. and long black hair. He was last seen wearing a white shirt, black jeans and a tattoo of a red lip kiss on the left side of his neck.
Wednesday, Sept. 4
- At 9:22 a.m., Hayward Police assisted the U.S. Marshall’s Office with the arrest of a subject wanted for attempted murder in South Carolina. Suspect was located and arrested without incident.
Thursday, Sept. 5
- At 2:13 a.m., a murder occurred in the 1400 block of B Street. The victim was found in the yard of a vacant residence, and appears to have suffered significant trauma to the head.
Friday, Sept. 6
- At 10:30 p.m., an assault with a deadly weapon occurred in the area of Industrial Blvd. and Highway 92. The victim claims he was walking in the area when 2-3 Black male adults assaulted and pistol-whipped him for no apparent reason. The victim’s account of the incident was inconsistent with a witness’ account.
- At 10:26 a.m., a robbery occurred in the 28000 block of Mack Rd. A salesman handed the suspect a cellular telephone, and the suspect fled the store with the phone. The salesman chased the suspect to an awaiting vehicle and reached into the vehicle to try and retrieve the phone. The suspect vehicle then began to drive off, dragging the salesman a short distance. The suspect’s vehicle is described as a 1990’s Cadillac or Lincoln Town Car.
Anyone with information regarding any of these incidents is encouraged to contact the Hayward Police Department Investigations Bureau at (510) 293-7034.