Sept. 24, 1:19 a.m.
- An attempted robbery occurred at Calaroga Avenue and Radcliff Street. The victim was walking on Calaroga Avenue when the suspect approached. The suspect brandished a handgun at the victim and demanded the contents of his backpack. When the victim refused the suspect ran to a vehicle and fled the scene. The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, 20-30 years old, short build and wearing a short white shirt and grey hooded sweatshirt. The suspect vehicle was a grey Mazda hatchback. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Hayward Police Department Investigations Division at (510) 293-7034.
Sept. 24, 10:40 a.m.
- A 10-year-old child was reported missing from a residence on Folsom Avenue after leaving a note saying she was running away. Numerous officers conducted an extensive search for over four hours. The child was eventually located and reunited with the family.
Sept. 28, 10:55 a.m.
- Two stolen vehicles were recovered, and one suspect is in custody, stemming from an incident in the 28000 block of Murcia Street. A patrol officer noticed a suspicious person exiting the driver’s side door of a vehicle. A license check on the vehicle found it was a reported stolen vehicle. After arresting the suspect, a second vehicle located in the area was also found to be reported stolen.
Sept. 29, 4:39 a.m.
- A murder occurred in the area of Industrial Boulevard and Clawiter Road. Officers responded to a single vehicle collision, and found the occupant of the vehicle suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was transported to a local hospital where he later pronounced deceased. Within 48 hours of the murder two suspects were arrested, and both confessed to the murder.
Sept. 29 9:20 p.m.
- An attempted robbery occurred in front of 287 W. A Street. The victim was walking by the business when the suspect approached him from behind. The suspect demanded the victim’s cell phone and wallet, and when the victim refused the suspect punched him in the face. The victim began running away and the suspect chased after him. An uninvolved citizen tried to assist the victim, and the suspect assaulted them as well. The suspect is described as a Black male, 20-29 years old, thin build and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans rolled up to the top of his ankles. Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Hayward Police Department Investigations Division at (510) 293-7034.
Sept. 29, 11:27 p.m.
- A suspect was arrested for pimping and pandering at the Motel 6 located at 30155 Industrial Parkway S/W. Hotel management called HPD to report unwanted guests inside one of the rooms. When officers arrived they located two females and one male associated with the room. During the investigation it was determined the females were conducting prostitution and working for the male suspect. Both females were from the Los Angeles area, and one was found to be a minor. The minor was placed into protective custody, and the male suspect was additionally arrested for Commercially Sexually Exploiting Children, and a parole violation.