The new Eden Hospital will be open to the public from 11 am to 2 pm Saturday. Take advantage of a rare insider's tour before the facility opens on December 1.
Organizers promise fun activities for the kids, nutrition and health information and light refreshments. Food from a local, organic chef will be available for purchase.
Check out the time lapse video (above) of construction.
Some facts about the new facility, what it took to build and what it will offer:
- 220,000-square-foot hospital
- 80,000-square-foot medical office building
- 22,000 cubic yards of concrete
- 6.4 million pounds of structural steel
- 43,000 square feet of glass
- Built on 600 piers, each three feet in diameter and drilled 60 feet into the ground
- 7 stories including basement level
- 70 new trees (more will be planted in Phase II)
- 400 construction workers and other tradespeople
- 130 private patient rooms;
- 34-bed Universal Care Unit
- 22 private exam rooms in the Emergency Department
- 4 trauma bays
- 34 dialysis-supported patient rooms
- 66 patient rooms equipped with lift equipment