I'm excited to announce the location and date of the next Castro Valley Cash Mob! The mob will be this Saturday, May 5 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon at . Please come and show your support for this great local business.
you ask? It's simply getting as many people as possible to show up at a local business on a specific day and spend at least $20 in cash. Cash Mobs support locally owned and operated businesses, and can increase community awareness of what local businesses have to offer.
How did I end up picking Jazzy Crafts? Well, I looked at many of the criteria from the national Cash Mobs blog, I came up with criteria of my own:
- Must be locally owned or operated
- Must have the approval of the owner/manager
- Variety of merchandise available for purchase at a price point of $20 or less
- Merchandise appeals to as many people as possible (men and women, range of ages, etc.)
- Active and involved in the community
- Spacious enough to hold at least 10 or more customers at one time
- Business could use a boost or extra publicity
- Food/drink place nearby for people to hang out at afterwards
If you're not a crafty person and not sure what to buy at this month's Cash Mob, below are a few ideas:
- pick up school project supplies or craft project kits for your kids
- sign yourself up for a crafting class
- sign your kids up for one of the summer crafting camps
- or even just show your support by helping hold up a sign outside!
For those of you who still don't think crafting is your thing, still come out, and stop by neighboring restaurants or for lunch. Hang out, meet some new people, and show your community pride! See you Saturday.
One last note: many thanks to the who showed up to support the