Castro Valley Boulevard merchants are hoping to get a boost through the help of a few motion pictures being shown this summer.
The Rotary Club of Castro Valley plans to draw people to downtown and promote traffic to neighboring businesses with an outdoor movie series these next two months.
Movie-goers will be able to view the flicks projected in the alley way adjacent to located at 3323 Castro Valley Blvd. and at the Castro Village (see dates below for where movies will be shown).
Merchants on the Boulevard are being asked to stay open late these evenings to cater to customers watching the movies, which begin at 8 p.m.
Though the featured flicks are free, Rotary is asking for donations and sponsorship to help cover the cost of the event. Extra money made during the event will go toward The Rotary Foundation, which comes back to the club and other projects such as the landscape project for the new .
The rotary club will provide about 100 chairs to make it more comfortable for movie-goers to enjoy the flick.
The series includes the following dates and movies:
- July 12 — Dolphin Tale @ The Ice Creamery
- July 26 — Adventures of Tin Tin @ The Village
- August 9 — Soul Surfer @ The Ice Creamery
- August 23 — Big Miracle @ The Village
Possible sponsorship opportunities include:
- Diamond Sponsor ($1,000) — Your name or organization’s logo listed on promotional mailings through , listing and link on the website, ad on all four movie nights and mention on chamber's email blast for each event.
- Gold Sponsor ($500) — Your name or organization’s logo listed and link on the website, ad on two movie nights and mention on chamber's email blast for each event.
- Silver Sponsor ($250) — Your name or organization’s logo listed and link on the website, ad on one movie night.
- Bronze Sponsor ($100) — Your name or organization’s ad on one movie night.
Those wishing to get more information on the event or sponsorship information, check out the attached PDF or email Rotary Club President Hafsa Burt at firstname.lastname@example.org