It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit this weekend.
- Where/When: Canyon Middle School; Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Don’t miss this musical parody of the Harry Potter series written by Darren Criss, who is now a star on Glee
- Pricing: $5 suggested donation
- Where/When: Hayward City Hall Plaza; Friday at 8:15 p.m.
- Why Go: This weekend the feature film is How to Train Your Dragon!
- Pricing: Free
- Where/When: Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton; Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Why Go: This is the first weekend of the county fair! Enjoy great fair foods, a petting zoo, carnival rides and games, entertainment and musical acts, pig races, arts and crafts, and more.
- Pricing: $0-$10; parking $8-$20
- Where/When: Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland; Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Why Go: The event will include hands-on clinics and demos, conversations with bike experts and enthusiasts, guidance on alternative transportation and bike hikes in the redwoods.
- Pricing: Free with general admission ($10.95-$14.95)
- Where/When: San Felipe Community Center in Hayward; Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Why Go: Buy equipment, sell equipment, browse or just talk with experts about photography
- Pricing: $3 at the door
You can also always add any event yourself to our calendar here .