Do you change your own motor oil? Do you live in a single-family home? If you answered yes to both questions, keep reading! CVSan is announcing its award-winning Used Motor Oil Filter Exchange Program beginning April 28th and ending June 6th. Participants will receive a coupon in the mail for a new filter!
There are 4 easy steps for single-family residents to participate in the filter exchange program and recycle used motor oil filters curbside:
1. Drain the used motor oil filter into a pan for 24 hours (an important step, since filters can hold up to a quart of oil).
2. Place the filter in the zippered bag that comes with the free recycling kit from WMAC.
3. If you’d like to participate in the filter exchange program, notify Waste Management of Alameda County, Inc.’s (WMAC’s) Customer Service Center, M-F, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. at (510) 537-5500 at least 24 hours before setting out used motor oil and filter(s) curbside to receive a coupon* in the mail from CVSan for a new filter.
4. Set the sealed bag next to your used motor oil at the curb, and WMAC will collect the filter and used motor oil on your regular collection day.
Single-family residents can set out up to 3 jugs and 3 filters curbside on your collection day. Go to www.cvsan.org/usedoil for more information on how to recycle used motor oil & filters!
* The coupon may be redeemed for one (1) filter up to $10 (including tax). A used motor oil filter must be set out for recycling curbside in order to receive a coupon for a new filter. Coupon is for a limited time only and expires June 16, 2014. CVSan reserves the right to alter or cancel the program at any time for any reason.