Here are ways people are easily reaching Castro Village Shopping Center and the businesses on the south side of the .
Here are just a couple of reasons to go:
- has vegetarian and pasta dishes, too.
- is for tourists and history buffs, too. The horse is optional.
And, I hate to say it, but ... please slow down when taking an alternate route. You will be driving past people's homes and on roads that normally see less traffic.
Please add more tips in the comments section.
- If coming from Oakland, Berkeley or San Leandro, get off Highway 580 earlier at the Strobridge Avenue exit instead of Redwood Road. Or if coming from Pleasanton or Dublin, get off later at Strobridge Avenue.
- If coming from the north end to town to the Village, take Somerset Avenue, the next major street north of CV Blvd, to access San Miguel and Santa Maria avenues, taking you straight to the Village side of CV Blvd. Somerset connects to both Chabot Road and Redwood Road, making this a versatile choice.
- If coming from the south end of town to the south side of CV Blvd or into the Village driveway next to Shari's restaurant, take E. Norbridge Avenue behind BART to access Wilbeam Avenue.
- If coming from the south end of town to the south side of CV Blvd, park in the lot near Ghengix and walk past Chase bank, then walk up the sidewalk to easily access all of the businesses next to the construction zone.
What else have you got, Castro Valley? Chime in!
Our thanks go to Patch reader Vicki Cosgrove, who suggested this article topic.