2012 is winding down and local charities are hoping for last minute donations from residents who are purging their cast-off items or are interested in making cash donations in order to snag tax write-offs.
Many Tri-Valley non-profits, such as MADD Bay Area, East Bay SPCA and Tri Valley YMCA, are making it easy for residents to donate. Most of these charities accept online donations through their websites.
Children and Family:
- The Tri Valley YMCA holiday donations help benefit their programs that help to build “strong kids, strong families and strong communities."
- The Goodwill in Dublin, located at 7232 Regional Street, will be accepting drop-off donations at their location through Dec. 31. Goodwill accepts clothing and housewares but not furniture, baby accessories, carpets or tools.
Homelessness, Hunger and Domestic Abuse Support:
- Tri-Valley Haven accepts monetary donations along with food donations to their food pantry in Livermore.
- Shepard's Gate services homeless and battered women and children in Tri-Valley. They accept donations online.
- The Open Heart Kitchen of Tri-Valley accepts not only online monetary donations but also food, office and cleaning supplies.
- MADD donations help to run awareness programs, change legislation and provide support to law enforcement efforts to stop drunken driving.
- East Bay SPCA boasts the incentive of not only helping animals in need but also earning one more tax write-off if you make your donation before Dec. 31.
- The Tri-Valley Animal Rescue accepts donations online and has a wishlist on their website for drop-off donations.
- Valley Humane Society in Pleasanton allows for easy donating through their online Paypal form. They service all of the Tri-Valley.
- Hope Hospice has been providing Tri-Valley residents medical and emotional support to terminally ill patients and their families since 1980. They are also accepting online donations and will even take large donations such as cars to help support their program.
Do you know of more charities accepting donations in Tri-Valley? Tell us in the comments section below.