Castro Valley’s Eden Area Livability Initiative (EALI) will be holding a kick-off meeting for the implementation phase of EALI from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Eden Church, located at 21455 Birch Street in Hayward, on Wednesday.
EALI will begin the set up of specific projects and solutions in response to November's Charrette meeting.
Participants at November’s Charrette voted the following as the top goals to focus on:
- Prevent crime and reduce recidivism
- Enhance local self-governance
- Promote private economic investment in the Eden Area and attract both businesses and customers.
- Provide educational opportunities in the school system and surrounding community about agriculture (farming, ranching, and equestrian) while seeking park and open space opportunities in the urban built out environment
- Advocate and provide avenues for increasing resources and opportunities for all schools and students in the Eden Area
- Establish guidelines and protocols regarding licensed and unlicensed housing establishments such as group homes, care facilities, half way houses, and other therapeutic treatment facilities to ensure quality of service and safety of the community and program residents
For more information about EALI, please contact Eileen Ng at Eileen.firstname.lastname@example.org.