San Lorenzo won't fall short of events this Friday, Sept. 30. In fact, you'll probably have a tough time picking which one to attend.
Three major events will be going on locally: St. John's Bingo Night, the COPP Shop BBQ and the Aloha to Summer Casino Night.
Patch wants to help you decide which to attend — perhaps even all three. No matter which you choose, they all are raising funds for good causes.
St. John's Bingo Night
- Time: Doors open at 5 p.m.; games begin at 7 p.m.
- Location: 264 East Lewelling Blvd.
- Cost: 2-pack minimum is $15; 3-pack for $18, each additional pack is $2 each
- Why go: Who doesn't love calling out "bingo"? Warm-ups, Early Birds, specials and get-aways will all be featured. Expect door prizes and a fully-stocked snack bar.
COPP Shop BBQ
- Time: 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Location: , 2490 Grove Way
- Cost: $12 for adults, $6 for children (12 years and under)
- Why go: Feast on tri tip, chicken and hot links while supporting the Alameda County Sheriff's crime prevention unit's annual fundraiser. All proceeds go towards paying for the COPP Shop rent and community events.
- Additional info: Tickets can be purchased at the COPP Shop office (1530 167th Ave., San Leandro), the (377 Paseo Grande, San Lorenzo), and the Castro Valley Chamber of Commerce, (3468 Castro Valley Blvd.).
Aloha to Summer Casino Night
- Time: 5:30 p.m. for "no-host" bar and appetizers; 6-10 p.m. for casino games
- Location: Hall
- Cost: $25 presale tickets, $35 at the door. Both get you $50 in gambling chips for craps, blackjack, roulette, and three-card poker. To play in a Texas Hold 'Em tournament, $50 (casino ticket is required). Spaces are limited.
- Why go: Proceeds will help kids at preschool and kindergarten eventually romp on a new playground. All proceeds from the casino night go towards the Lollipop Lane Tot Lot Playground Fund.
- Additional info: For tickets, call 510-276-4554 or 510-481-2114