Every day life hands parents a quiz.
Study up from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm Saturday at the second Annual Parents University at the the Castro Valley Adult and Career Education, 4430 Alma Avenue.
You can still preregister. Click here for fees and facts.
The session includes two breakout sessions with a choice of 20 different workshops and a parent resource fair. Special keynote address by author, speaker, and Licensed Marriage Family Therapist Ronald Mah, on "What Makes Our Children Academically, Personally and Socially Successful?"
Session A: Choose 1 workshop
- Blood is thicker Than Water...Understanding and Dealing with Sibling Rivalry
- Developmental Assests: Help Your Child Be Caring, Responsible & Successful
- Homework Without Hassle
- Motivating the Reluctant Learner
- The Truth About Drug and Alcohol Use Among Teens
- Raising Children with Love and Logic®
- Managing Challenging Behavior
- Navigating the School System For Your Student’s Success
- Bullying In Our Schools: What Parents Need to Know!
- Boost Brain Power and Focus with Whole Food Nutrition
Session B: Choose 1 workshop
- Fatherhood for the New Millennium – “Father or Dad” – What’s the Difference
- Positive Discipline Vs. Punishment
- Successfully Managing Blended Families -
- Kindergarten Reading & Your Child's Successful Start in Elementary School
- How to Talk So Your Kids Will Listen
- Our Kids & Social Media: What Parents Need To Know
- Making the Vision a Reality
- Understanding Adolescent Brains & Risk Taking
- Perfect Fit: The College Admissions Process
- Parenting a Child with ADHD
For more information call (510) 886-1000 or visit http://www.cvadult.org.
(Thanks to Peter Merholz of Berkeley for the "family reading hour" photograph used with this story.)